The Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi is hereby reminding all Employers of Nurses and Midwives in Malawi to renew the registration in accordance to Section 24 and Section 30 of the Nurses and Midwives Act; Cap, 36:02. It is the nurses and midwives professional obligation to renew the license yearly prior to practicing. Therefore, all employers are requested to ensure that all Nurses and Midwives working in their Institutions have paid their annual registration fee to the Council by 30th June 2021. Employers are notified that employment of unregistered or unlicensed nurses and midwives in accordance to Section 72 is an offence and liable to a fine. Please note that late payment of the registration fees shall attract penalties. In order to inform the Public of the legible nurses and midwives. The names of those who will renew their registration by 30th June, 2021 will be published in the newspapers in accordance to Section 22 subsections 1 and 2.
The Penalties are as follows: bureaucracy
Nurses and Midwives for failure to renew registration:
- Any professional who does not renew the membership in the Council register at the expiry date should not be allowed to practice anywhere in Malawi and council secretariat will remove her/him from the register.
- If any wishes to renew one’s professional Council membership after being barred from practicing; the required fees should be paid together with the penalty equal to the annual registration fees of each period not paid.
- Employers/Hospital Managers who use Unregistered Nurses or Midwives:
- For a private clinic: MK500,000 for use/employing any unregistered nurse or midwife, or imprisonment for one year.
- For a hospital: MK500,000 for use/employing any unregistered nurse or midwife, or imprisonment for one year.
You may deposit the registration fees into Nurses and Midwives Council account number 1266829 maintained at National Bank of Malawi, Capital City service center, or through Mpamba code number 500005 and Airtel money code number NMCM and submit all supporting documents (bank deposit slip) to the what’s up number and email address indicated below.
For any information or queries, please contact the Acting Registrar on the contacts below:
The Acting Registrar
Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi P.O. Box 30361 Capital City.
Tel: 01 772 044 / 730 or Fax 01 773 932 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org